My dear interwebs friend, saved in drafts, was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award! Based on a quick little search that I’ve done (and on the rules below) I’ve come to understand that “liebster” means “dearest” in German, and that the award should nominate or go to bloggers with 200 or fewer followers.
I’d like to take this opportunity to recognize another blogger who had previously nominated me for an award, but at the time I didn’t quite understand the whole award process – crazybunny thank you for the recognition and apologies for never paying it forward.
My “liebster” thanks to saved in drafts and all my other followers! You keep me motivated :)
- Thank the person who nominated you
- List 11 random facts about me
- Answer the questions they have asked you
- Nominate 11 people (apparently focusing on those with less than 200 followers)
- Ask the nominees 11 questions
- And finally, let them know you have nominated them
11 random facts
- On a normal day, I can barely finish a .5 litre bottle of water
- One of my best friends from childhood and I have the same “beauty spot”/mole on the back of our left calf
- I believe that taking off your bra at the end of the day and washing your hands when it’s hot outside are some of the best feelings in the world (TMI? My apologies)
- When I sneeze, I’ll sneeze several times in a row – I can’t just sneeze once
- My eyesight is so bad that when I wear my glasses, the lenses are so thick that they make my eyes look smaller
- French fries and a milkshake is one of my favorite pool side munchies
- If someone’s on the treadmill next to me, I immediately start racing with them (they don’t know about it though)
- Before I was born, 3 ultrasounds showed that I would be a boy – my parents were surprised (pleasantly)!
- I’ve always wanted to work for Philip Morris (now I think I’d have moral issues with that – even though I’m a smoker, maybe because I’m a smoker)
- My Shakespeare professor in university was the reason I majored in English (no, I didn’t have the hots for him, it was his passion for the language that got me – I did; however, have the hots for my World Lit prof – yum-eeeeee-yum!)
- I love any occassion that will give me a reason to celebrate (birthdays, promotions, resignations, anniversaries (no matter how small), holidays – just about anything can be turned into a party!)
Who is your favourite F.R.I.E.N.D.S character?
Favourite mode of transport – and why?
When I lived in Istanbul, the ferry for sure! Everything stands still for a while, you get a gorgeous view and a nice glass of tea and everyone’s on their way to do something or other. Loved it!
What do you wish you had more time for?
Figuring it all out
Dogs or Cats?
Aaah! About a year or so ago I would’ve said cats, hands down. But my sister’s dog is just so loveable I can’t choose!! But I guess cats.
Would you want to live forever?
Depends on the quality of life.
Coffee or tea?
Spend time with friends. Being outside. No particular activity except for running maybe
What would you tell your 16yr old self?
“A boy’s interest (or lack thereof) does not define you. You are beautiful just the way you are”
How much wood can a woodchuck chuck?
A woodchuck would chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck can’t chuck wood
What are you addicted to reading at the moment?
Would you be/have you ever been photographed naked?
Haven’t ever – wouldn’t ever
Nominees – I’m not sure if I abided by the follower count, but these are blogs I follow and enjoy! Thanks for the great reads
My questions for the nominees:
If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Chocolate or vanilla?
Summer or winter?
What’s your fondest childhood memory?
If you could live in any city in the world, which one would you choose and why?
What do you dream about?
Your most distinguished trait (could be physical or character trait – or both!)
Why did you start blogging?